Tri-Nitro Series 2022
Welcome to the Tri Nitro Race Series!
To enter this event, you can click HERE.
This event is a stripped down, fast, and furious style of triathlon designed purely for quickfire action.
It is based on our other Nitro distance event that comes from the main Hitchin Triathlon, but this series of events will have a few features.
What is it?
It is a Nitro distance style triathlon designed to bring out the fun element whether it be you racing the course or using it for brick training, or for whatever purpose you like, and the best part is that it is on during the week and not on a weekend day, as the distances are short and sweet.
What are the distances?
· The swim a 200m blast, in the 50 meter outdoor pool in Hitchin (4 lengths).
· The Bike is a 12km out-and-back blast to Lower Stondon.
· The Run is a 2km blast around the paths of the race venue (2 x 1km laps)
What makes it different to other triathlons?
· It is on midweek
· It starts after work hours but not late evening.
· The distances are short for quickfire racing fun.
· it is cheaper than others. We have stripped the event down to its basics to make it real and raw!
· It is a stripped-down version of a triathlon so no need for cones, barriers, and all other event equipment, only signs and marshals will be in place.
· It is electronically timed but no need for chips (only the ones you can eat afterwards).
When it is?
· It is on 20th July, 3rd August, 19th August 2022. This is our first event purely aimed at this distance.
· First participant can set off at 6:30pm – last person by 7:25pm.
How much is it?
£20 to enter an individual event or £50 to enter all 3 events. If you sign up to all 3 then you will get a t-shirt as well as a league medal.
What do we get?
In 2022 if you sign up to all 3 races then you will get a special league race top for doing so, as well as a medal. The best two results from any of the races will be added up to make a total overall time, with an overall winners table.
Talk me through it…
· You sign up and let us know what start time you want (eg: between 6:30-6:45pm etc)
· On the day you turn up, sign in, get body marked and rack your bike.
· Go to the pool, wait for your turn, then get in and swim, bike and run.
· Cross the line, get a medal and some water.
· There will be a party after the final event with league awards.
· You are done!